Subject: Re: Personal Toaster upgrades
From: Joe Angell <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Boyer <[email-masked]>
Cc: LIghtwave <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 1995 13:44:38 -0500 (EST)

>  I just upgraded my 2.0 Toaster to 3.1/3.5 and have some queestions:>
>
>  	1) Is this the most up to date version that will run on my 
>  machine?  I have a 2000 with a GVP G-force 030 50 Mhz, 18 meg RAM, 2 Meg 
>  fast RAM and 1.1 Gig HD.

Thechnically, you can run the Flyer Beta... but it's buggy right now.  
3.5 is the latest released Toaster verion -- a $550 upgrade shoulf be 
released in a month or two when NewTek finally (!) finihses the Flyer and 
Toaster 4.0 upgrades.  That includes LightWave 4.0, new CG, new TPaint, 
and completly re-worked switcher.  Pretty nice...

>  	2) My dealer sold me Workbench 3.1.  Representatives at both 
>  Newtek and RGB (for Amilink VT) have since informed me that this version was 
>  not sanctioned and that I can expect to have some problems.  As I have yet to 
>  experience any glitches, I was wondering if anyone might know what sort 
>  of problems I could expect to encounter.  Also, if 3.1 Workbench is a bad 
>  idea, what version should my dealer have unloaded on me?

For some stupid reason, NewTek isn't recognizing WB 3.1 as an OFFICIAL 
upgrade except on the A4000s ESCOM is shipping, so they claim they will 
not support it except on A4000s.  i have had no trouble with my 
Toaster/Flyer system and Workbench 3.1.  For some it work, for some it 
doesn't.  Just remember that if you call NewTek Tech and say "I have 
WB3.1", they'll say the problem you are having is with the OS, no matter 
what it is.  Just don't say that. :)

Good luck!

-- Joe
--
Joe Angell <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]